Signs in Adulthood
- literacy standards fall below expectation.
- poor organisational skills (misses meetings, loses papers).
- left/right confusion.
- poor time management skills (hands in work late on frequent occasions, confuses dates, always late for lectures).
- low self esteem.
- poor handwriting.
- lack of coherence when presenting ideas in writing.
- poor use of capital letters and punctuation.
- limited vocabulary demonstrated.
- tendency to spell phonetically (e.g. fonetikly, necisary).
- mixes phonemes up even in spell checked typed documents (e.g. which/witch, were/where/wear/ware).
- letters and figures often the wrong way round (e.g. raw for war, 48 for 84).
- words read incorrectly.
- lack of fluency when reading aloud.
- difficulty using referenced texts.